Creating alerts based on visitor events
Modified on: Sun, 22 Oct, 2017 at 5:04 AM
Alerts notify your online Agents about important events related to a particular visitor on your website. This article describes how to configure alerts based on visitor events.
Alerts notify your online Agents about important events related to a particular visitor on your website. In this example we will create an alert for all visitors arriving from a specific city.
To create an operator alert follow the steps below.
- In the Admin Console, click Rules > Visitor Rules.
- In the Create Operator Alert area, click View/Modify Rules.
- In the View Rule Types dropdown list, select “When visitor is being queued for chat” and click Add Rule.
- Name and describe your rule in the top section. Click Add Condition. In the Add Condition dropdown list, select Misc – GEO Attribute. In The GEO Attribute line, select “City” in the first box and “contains” in the second. Fill in your city name in the last box.
- Click the green check mark button to save the condition.
- Click Add Action. In the Choose Type dropdown list, select Operator Alerts. Describe and design your operator alert. You can present the alert in plain text if you wish or use HTML tags to make the alert stand out.
- Click the green check mark button to save the action.
- Click Update All to save the alert.
- The page is reloaded to the Visitor Rules page. Click the Submit All Changes button at the bottom to save all of your changes.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.