Implementing multiple chat windows
Modified on: Sun, 22 Oct, 2017 at 7:56 AM
LivePerson offers you the option to create multiple chat windows each with its own distinctive design. Use this to promote chat in multiple languages, or chat for multiple business units.
NOTE: Multiple Chat Windows is not enabled on your account by default. Please contact your Success Manager to enable this feature.
Each customized chat window has the following information:
When the feature is enabled you will see an option in the Admin Console under Visitor Experience > Chat > Window Editor to create a New Window. Clicking on this button will open the chat window editing tool allowing you to customize the window to suit your design requirements.Once you have created the chat windows of your choice, you will need to tell LivePerson which window to display and when. There are two options to do this, one is by manually changing the button codes, the other by creating a rule.
- The background color and image for the chat window.
- Font and colors for chat text (Classic Window only).
- The background color and image for the Offline, Pre-Chat and Exit survey windows.
- A unique name to identify this customized look.
Rule-based chat windows (recommended)
NOTE: If you don't specify a name in the rule, or specify an incorrect name, LivePerson will display the default window look. We recommend the "rule based" approach as this offers a wider range of options.
- From the Visitor Rules menu in the Admin Console Rules section, click the Add Rules button to create a new rule. Name the rule and define the conditions under which the rule will be triggered. For example, you can create a rule that shows a specific chat window if the visitor is chatting in the Sales skill.
- Define the Action type to be variables. The variable name should be window_look. The value should match the name of the window you created in step 1 (case-sensitive).
- Click the Update All button to save the settings of your new rule. The rule will come into effect immediately.
Code-based chat windows
NOTE: If you do not specify a name in the chat button code, or specify an incorrect name, LivePerson will display the default window look.
- From the Page Code Builder in the Admin Console define the Deployment Type. Continue through the menu to define the chat button style and any other customization you require, then select Advanced Options.
- Create a New Tracking Variable called window_look. The value should match the name of the window you created in step 1 (case-sensitive).
For scope, select "session scope". Now click the In Button box, and finally click the Validate button.
- Click Get HTML Tags and embed the code on your website.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.