Managing visitor profiles
Modified on: Mon, 23 Oct, 2017 at 10:11 AM
LivePerson allows you to create multiple instances of the following elements:
- Chat Windows
- Canned Responses
- System Messages
- Pre-Chat, Exit, Offline and Operator surveys
These elements can be grouped together in a Visitor Profile. You can create multiple visitor Profiles. This allows you to present different visitor experiences for different visitor types (speakers of different languages, visitors that belong to different segments, visitors that belong to different business units).
For example, you could create English and Chinese Visitor Profiles. Each profile can contain an Chat Window, canned responses, system messages and surveys in the appropriate language for display to your visitor. Alternatively, if you sell clothing and electronic goods, you can create separate profiles for each business unit, each with its own distinct branding.
To create a visitors profile:
1. Start by building your instances of Chat Windows, canned responses, system messages and surveys
- Create a Chat Window for each profile at Visitor Experience > Chat > Window Editor. Click New Window to create a new window experience for the visitor. Customize the window per your requirements and click Save All when you are finished.
A window instance can be used in one or more Visitor Profiles.
- Create Pre-Chat, Exit, Offline and Agent surveys
NOTE: Each survey can be used in one or more Visitor Profiles.
- Create canned response sets
NOTE: A Visitor Profile can have one or more sets of canned responses.
- Create system message sets
2. Create a new visitor profile and assign it with the instanced you created earlier
- From the Admin Console go to Visitor Experience > Profiles
- Click the New Visitor Profile button.
- Enter a unique profile name and enter a description
- In the Skill assignment field select the skill / skills to which this profile applies. Chats routed to these defined skills will automatically use this profile.
- Check the Enable Pre-Chat Survey check box if you want the Pre-Chat survey to be displayed to the visitors that belong to this profile
- From the Active Pre-Chat Survey drop-down menu select the Pre-Chat survey that you want to be displayed
- Check the Exit Survey check box if you want the Exit Survey survey to be displayed to the visitors that belong to this profile
- From the Active Exit Survey drop-down menu select the Exit survey that you want to be displayed
- Check the Operator Survey check box if you want the Agent Survey to be displayed to the Agent at the end of the chat
- From the Active Operator Survey drop-down menu select the Agent survey that you want to be displayed
- From the Active Offline Survey drop-down menu select the Offline survey that you want to be displayed (always enabled)
- From the Active Window drop-down menu select the requested chat window
- From the Active System Message Sets drop-down menu select the requested system message set
- From the Active Canned Answer Sets drop-down menu select the requested canned answer sets
3. Use LivePerson Rules Engine to determine when a Visitor Profile or any of its distinct elements will be used.
NOTE: If you have assigned a Visitor Profile to a skill or skills, any chats from that skill will automatically use this profile.
Alternatively, you can use LivePerson’s Rules Engine to determine when a Visitor Profile or any of it’s distinct elements are used.
- From the Admin Console go to Rules > Visitor Rules and create a new rule.
- Define the Condition which will trigger the rule. For example: visitors from a certain country or visitors browsing a certain area of your website. The rule Action should be Set Visitor Profile.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.