The chatting area appears as blank (for Agent Console versions 8.X)
Modified on: Tue, 24 Oct, 2017 at 9:05 AM
In some circumstances , the agent sees a blank chat area after a chat has been accepted. Messages typed by the agent and visitor are not displayed. Text from a previous chat may be displayed instead. However, the text is correctly displayed in the visitor’s chat window.
NOTE: This article applies to older Agent Console versions (8.X and earlier). Versions 9.X and above are not affected.
- A temporary HTML file has been corrupted
- A temporary HTML file necessary for chat has a read-only attribute
To solve this issus, delete temporary chat _html files:
NOTE: If you cannot locate the %temp% directory path, use Windows search to locate files named chat*.html and delete all files that follow this naming convention, i.e., chat.html, chat_0.html, chat_1.html, etc.
- Exit the LivePerson application by clicking File > Exit
- Verify that the user logged into the computer has read and write permissions to the %temp% folder
- Access your %temp% folder: Click Start > Run and type %temp%
- Delete all chat*.html files located in this folder. Including chat_0.html, chat_1.html, etc.
- Restart the LivePerson application
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.